Interested in Global Health? Check out these resources!
Organizations/Communities to Join – In the Triangle
- Triangle Global Health Consortium: a must for all Gillings students. Connect with global health professionals in the Triangle through their Mentor Monday events, monthly Happy Hours, a mentorship program (read: practica networking!) and of course, their annual fall conference.
- Switchpoint: “SwitchPoint isn’t just another conference. It’s an experience—a unique way to network, build partnerships, and drive positive change. SwitchPoint is a movement built around an annual gathering of the smart, the curious, and the creative from all circles of humanitarian and global development work.” This annual event hosted by IntraHealth International is located in Saxapahaw, just 30 mins from campus and also has a student rate.
- Global health organizations doing work: FHI 360, IntraHealth International, RTI International, MiracleFeet
Organizations/Communities to Join – Worldwide
- Communities of Practice for Global Health: A resource page jointly managed by MSH, HIFA, USAID’s Health Research Program and Jhpiego. So many different organizations focused on maternal and child health, the intersectionality between global health and gender, digital health, infectious disease and more!
- Women in Global Health: for those interested in advocating for gender equality in global health
- Health Systems Global: A diverse, global membership organization dedicated to promoting health policy and systems research (HPSR) and knowledge generation. They have a student membership rate!
- Global Health Council: “GHC is the leading membership organization supporting and connecting advocates, implementers and stakeholders around global health priorities worldwide”
Email Newsletters to sign up for
Whether you’re a global health guru or just getting started in the field, check out these email newsletters to ensure you are getting the most up-to-date information on what’s happening in the field.